Moen 2600, What brand is my shower rough in valve

Users who are viewing this thread

BryanB

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the valve and trim kit on my shower. Below are links to the photos. Can someone tell me who the manufacturer is and if it will be possible to install a valve so we don't get scalded when someone flushes the toilet while another person is showering? Or do I need to purchase a whole new rough in assembly and start from scratch?

Thanks!
Bryan

moen-2600-terrylove-01.jpg

moen-2600-terrylove-02.jpg

moen-2600-terrylove-03.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is an old school Moen Chateau 2600 with no protection against temperature changes.

You will need to cut that valve out and solder in a new pressure balanced valve.
Moen makes the Posi-Temp and the Moentrol valves that do that.

All new single control shower valves sold now should be code legal and have the temperature protection. The old Moen pictured above has been obsolete for decades now. I did notice that when adding an expansion tank to the system that the temperature swings go down a bit, but changing it out is the only way to fix those things.

moen-2600-white-center.jpg

moen_posi-temp.jpg

k-8304-01.jpg

delta_multichoice.jpg

Delta R10000 rough valve

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Definitely get the valve changed out.
Of course it doesn't have to be Moen. But stick with major name mfrs. and preferably ones that offer lifetime warranty.

It is a project for a professional.

BryanB

Reaction score
Perfect, it looks like I'll be getting the 2520 and just have a plumber out to install. I knew it was a long shot (not having to replace it), but it was worth a shot.

I can't thank you guys enough for the information you provided!

Bryan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks