Moen 2600, Hot and cold reversed in shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Limelate

Reaction score
We removed and replaced a Moen 1200 cartridge in our shower (single knob handle, pull to open, push to close). It seemed to go easily but now hot and cold are reversed. (When putting the new cartridge in, we did not notice an up or down (12 and 6) and just pushed it in).We have since turned the stem 180 (it moves easily) but the hot/cold are still reversed. We now, over several days, we have turned the stem 180 several times but, nope, still reversed. We don't mind at all, will not get scorched but have questions:
1) Is it ok to leave it as it is? or something else getting damaged?
2) what's wrong? and does it indicate there is some other problem we need to pay attention to?
3) should we remove and replace the entire cartridge (or get a new one)? When inserting the cartridge is there an up and down?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1200 and the 1225 cartridge if spun 180 will reverse. Are you sure you're not turning it 360?
There is no up or down to the standard push/pull Moen cartridge.

The Posi-Temp that rotates to the left to turn on does matter how it's installed.

moen-2600-1.jpg

Last edited:

Limelate

Reaction score
The 1200 and the 1225 cartridge if spun 180 will reverse. Are you sure you're not turning it 360?
There is no up or down to the standard push/pull Moen cartridge.

The Posi-Temp that rotates to the left to turn on does matter how it's installed.
We removed and replaced a Moen 1200 cartridge in our shower (single knob handle, pull to open, push to close). It seemed to go easily but now hot and cold are reversed. (When putting the new cartridge in, we did not notice an up or down (12 and 6) and just pushed it in).We have since turned the stem 180 (it moves easily) but the hot/cold are still reversed. We now, over several days, we have turned the stem 180 several times but, nope, still reversed. We don't mind at all, will not get scorched but have questions:
1) Is it ok to leave it as it is? or something else getting damaged?
2) what's wrong? and does it indicate there is some other problem we need to pay attention to?
3) should we remove and replace the entire cartridge (or get a new one)? When inserting the cartridge is there an up and down?

Limelate

Reaction score
I am sure we turned the stem 180. Since we've now done this several times (reattaching the faucet each time), I'd assume we've gone at least gone 360. the stem does turn easily, even by hand.

moen-2600-white-center.jpg

Limelate

Reaction score
I realized that we have always turned 180 in a clockwise direction. Just re-did going counter clockwise and it worked! thank you tho I still have no clue...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks