Moen 2520 shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Josh619

Reaction score
I currently have a Moen 2520 shower valve installed.( no tub)
I want to add a tub spout, can I just add a tee to the shower riser and run down to the tub spout without changing the moen valve to a tub shower valve?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are you sure there is not a port for a tub on the valve? That would be the best way to connect a tub spout.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No, because there is no "restrictor" to prevent water from exiting the shower head while you are using the tub spout. 2520 valves do have the tub port on the bottom.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
No, because there is no "restrictor" to prevent water from exiting the shower head while you are using the tub spout. 2520 valves do have the tub port on the bottom.

hj is right. The tub needs the lower port on that, or the water will push it's way up to the shower head when filling the tub.
Also, the tub piping must be full sized 1/2", no PEX allowed on the tub spout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks