Moen 1224 cartridge replacement,

Users who are viewing this thread

Petezah

Reaction score
I have several Moen Monticello widespread faucets in my home and have replaced cartridges over the 20 years I’ve lived here So I know how to do it. This dripping faucet was different, after removing the hub to expose the stem extender and removing that the plastic nut (part of the stem extension kit) that holds down the cartridge, this nut won’t come out. I have the tool to remove it but it was so stuck that the notches are stripped from trying to remove. Is there some other tool that I can use to remove this nut? It is plastic so I was considering cutting it out with my dremel or using a small chisel. I’m looking for any suggestions on how to remove this nut

Attachments

• 6E89EA6E-641C-4AD3-87D7-437D5670EFF7.jpeg
    6E89EA6E-641C-4AD3-87D7-437D5670EFF7.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 253
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks