Moen 1222 no hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Jgw7838

Reaction score
I originally had a leak and no hot water just barely like warm water in my single handle moen shower so I replaced the cartridge 1222b took care of the leak but still no hot water,have hot water in both bathroom and kitchen sink but not in shower. Any advice or ideas what else to try? Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I wonder what rotating the cartridge would do. https://solutions.moen.com/Article_Library/How_to_Reverse_Hot_and_Cold_for_a_1222_Cartridge
Would you get hot when positioned to cold, or would you still only get tepid water regardless of settings. I am not a pro.

Another idea would be to turn of the hot water. Remove the cartridge, and place a bucket etc over the hole. Have somebody else turn on the hot water for a few seconds. Do you get strong flow?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks