Modifying PEX plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Rsmith99

Reaction score
61CE8E0D-E695-425D-B597-A99380C245DF.jpeg
2C9B3966-B459-43E5-880D-8BA080A08F3A.jpeg
615840A6-FFF6-4FCD-83D3-F289031F4D87.jpeg
The bottom ball valve needs to be replaced. It appears it has already been replaced before, due to the splice.
I only have about 2” between the crimp rings. I don’t know how far the fitting extends past the crimp ring.
How would you splice in a new valve? Can the crimp ring be cut, and the fitting reused?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
re useable yes ! dont get even the tinyiest nick in it. other wise even the slightest barely noticeable scratch throw away , buy new .

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is there room on that bottom horizontal pipe to install a new fitting?

I dont know I cant make heads or tails out of this you said something about a valve on the bottom I see 2 valves the same height? You asked can fittings be reused . YES Last question I cant tell what your asking It looks complete no idea what this last problem is ?

Rsmith99

Reaction score
I dont know I cant make heads or tails out of this you said something about a valve on the bottom I see 2 valves the same height? You asked can fittings be reused . YES Last question I cant tell what your asking It looks complete no idea what this last problem is ?
The photos are sideways.

Rsmith99

Reaction score
View attachment 65730 That ring marked Wrong looks to be too far to the left, don't you think? Don't save that.

Check crimps with a go-nogo gauge.

https://www.pexuniverse.com/1-2-pex-brass-ball-valve-drop-ear-lead-free
vpp012-de-lf-01.jpg

Sharkbite makes some ball valves with mounting tabs (drop ear).
https://www.sharkbite.com/products/ball-valve-drain-vent-and-mounting-tab
sharkbite-ball-valves-24615-0000lf-64_145.jpg
Thanks! I had to have the plumber redo several connections that were poorly done. I guess I missed that one.

Rsmith99

Reaction score
I got everything back together today. So far, no leaks!

Thanks for everyone’s help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks