Modern decorative p-trap installation

Users who are viewing this thread

BenN

Reaction score
Hi. I've encountered a problem while trying to install a decorative (chrome) p-trap under a console sink.
The stubout coming from the wall attaches to the in-wall plumbing via an elbow. As a result, the connection point between the drain pipe and stubout extends 3 inches from the wall. I could use an extra deep escutcheon plate - which still would not completely cover it, but I would prefer to use a shallow escutcheon plate. Is it possible to move the connection point closer to the wall? Is there something other than an elbow I can use to accomplish this? The main plumbing line is a few inches off center from the sink drain, so I need some way to bring the line in center with the drain and add the stubout. I would greatly appreciate any advice offered.
Thanks, Ben

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest you post a photo. It will be more clear in explaining your situation, and it will draw more interest.

"Possible" is a pretty strong word, although you may be thinking of a weaker concept such as practical, economical, easy, or whatever.

BenN

Reaction score
I suggest you post a photo. It will be more clear in explaining your situation, and it will draw more interest.

"Possible" is a pretty strong word, although you may be thinking of a weaker concept such as practical, economical, easy, or whatever.
Thanks for the advice. I'll get one posted

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks