Mobile home garden bathtub not getting hot enough but shower does get hot

Users who are viewing this thread

sarahloves2490

Reaction score
I'm in a mobile home and my garden tub isn't getting hot enough but does get a little warm. I can't find valve to make it warmer. The shower gets hot enough but double vanity does get hot. How can I get garden tub to get hotter water?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
probebly has a handle restrictor that prevents handle from turning to the hot very far, single handle correct?

sarahloves2490

Reaction score
what have you done to figure it out?
Honestly don't know what to even look for I do not know anything about plumbing. I'd tried Google and YouTube and there isn't any information on a garden tub in mobile home that tub isn't getting hot just slightly warm. But my separate shower and vanities do get hot. So im pretty stumped and that's why I made an account on here for help. Been here a year so far have not been able to use my big tub because of it .

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well good luck with it . itll take years to figure out one question a week. you might call a plumber out? Try googling hot cold cross connection your problem isnt only limited to mobile homes. Im thinking there is a single handle valove or faucet that is cross connecting hot and cold but I know you wont understand me, maybe google that I cant imagine youll be able to troubleshoot and repair without some help there in person . but we or someone else might pop in and help

sarahloves2490

Reaction score
Well good luck with it . itll take years to figure out one question a week. you might call a plumber out? Try googling hot cold cross connection your problem isnt only limited to mobile homes. Im thinking there is a single handle valove or faucet that is cross connecting hot and cold but I know you wont understand me, maybe google that I cant imagine youll be able to troubleshoot and repair without some help there in person . but we or someone else might pop in and help
Thanks I'd did see the cross connecting hot and cold on YouTube before I posted this but it usually was in a shower with one handle so I assumed it wasn't the same for the bathtub only but maybe it has one too ill look further into it. And I may need to end up calling a plumber if I can't figure it out soon. Thanks again

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
correct even though the cause could be from a single handle faucet it can effect others like even a 2 handle tub valve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks