Mobile home bath plumbing remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Jodi M

Reaction score
Can I cut and cap off on end of my mobile home drain line and connect a new half directly to the drain that feeds into the septic? Currently ALL the drains connect in a line from left to right, which then connects into a downward drain that connects to 4" septic pipe that runs from right to left.

Attachments

• 14950347415351898719370.jpg
    14950347415351898719370.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 200

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Without seeing more, I would say yes.
Plumbing fixtures need to be vented properly to prevent the traps from siphoning, and everything heads downhill from there.
For every pipe going down, there is one going up. That's why you see so many pipes sticking up through roofs.
My parents did have an AAV for one lav in their farm mobile home, which had failed I might add. My nose lead me to the problem.

Jodi M

Reaction score
Without seeing more, I would say yes.
Plumbing fixtures need to be vented properly to prevent the traps from siphoning, and everything heads downhill from there.
For every pipe going down, there is one going up. That's why you see so many pipes sticking up through roofs.
My parents did have an AAV for one lav in their farm mobile home, which had failed I might add. My nose lead me to the problem.

There are 2 vent to roofs, in both baths at opposite ends of house, and sinks have aav's. We are moving the toilet to the old shower are and putting a new shower where the tub and toilet were. With the amount of tees that are so close together was going to be a real pain to re-plumb into existing lines.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks