Mixet shower faucet question...

Users who are viewing this thread

Beemerguy

Reaction score
Hi, folks.

I'll thank you in advance for your patience with me. I'm not a professional plumber, just a homeowner DIYer, so pardon me if what I ask is simple or if I use some incorrect terminology or nomenclature.

I live in a 20 year old condo building that has Mixet shower faucets. Since moving here three years ago I've noted low water pressure in the master bathroom shower, but didn't really check to see if there was anything I could do about it.

I'm re-caulking the master bathtub and have removed the chrome escutcheon over the faucet. Looking at the body of the faucet, there are what appear to be two threaded adjusters, one on either side of the main valve. (On exploded diagrams of Mixet faucets I've found on the web, they are shown as Part # MCSVS)

Assuming that they are adjusters, what exactly do they adjust? Temperature? Pressure?

If they adjust pressure, would it be safe to turn them now after two decades of not moving?

If they adjust pressure, how should I do so? Do I need to turn off the main water supply to my condo first?

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated...thanks!

Beemerguy

Reaction score
They are stops,to turn the water off to make a repair on the faucet.

I see. So if I turn them counterclockwise as far as they will go, that ensures maximum water flow through the faucet?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It probably means they will start leaking after not having been touched for years...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Be careful messing with anything on a Mixet valve, as parts like those stops may no longer be available.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks