Mitsubishi Mini-Split Outdoor Unit Noise Levels

Users who are viewing this thread

Rossn

Reaction score
I'm located in Colorado, and looking to install a Mitsubishi MSZ-FH18NA2/MUZ-FH18NA2. I live in a quiet area, and the outdoor unit will be about 35' from my neighbor's patio, and am a bit concerned about it being audible to my neighbor.

I'm primarily using this hyper-heat model for cooling and and as a backup source of heat (there is a primary heat source already).

Specs for the MUZ-FH18NA2 says cooling is 52 dB-A and heating is 55 dB-A at 47F. I also notice that the non-energy star AC-only models have lower DB ratings.

Does the outside noise and speed from the cooling mode vary with how hard it is working, or is it always the same?

From someone with first hand knowledge, how noticeable can these exterior 1.5T hyper-heat models be from 30' away, when in cooling mode? In hyper-heat mode?

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
I've experienced multiple installations of the even older, louder FE18 predecessor close-up and active at friends' & relatives's houses. You won't be able to hear an FH18 from 30 feet away if there is even a 3 mph breeze. The noise levels change with speed (primarily blower speed- the scroll compressor is essentially silent). Even standing next to it the quiet hum from the transformer is usually louder than the blower at low & mid speed. At the 50-55 dBA high speed it's more of a white-noise whoosh, quieter than the average half-ton window shaker AC unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks