Mirabelle white mixed with Kohler white?

Users who are viewing this thread

jarhome

Reaction score
I am looking at combining the Kohler Tresham sink with the Mirabelle Key West toilet, both in white. However the Kohler and Mirabelle white don't seem to match. I haven't found a Kohler toilet that works well in our small space and fits with the Tresham sink. Anyone have any real world experience using Mirabelle and Kohler together in a bathroom? Do the whites work okay together or are they too far apart? In our case, the bathroom is only 6 x 6, but the sink is on the back wall and the toilet is on the left wall, with a neo-angle corner shower between them.

Thanks.

Jim

tresham_cindy1.jpg

Kohler Tresham toilet

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Change the lighting, and the difference in materials and positions and reflections tend to mask slight color differences. Your results may differ. I found a side-view of the toilet that showed the trapway design...it seems that it makes a significant right-angle turn near the bottom without a nice curve. Might be an issue. Waste moves best when there aren't any sharp turns. Are you firm on that brand? Others have some similar asthetics with smoother trapway designs.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most likely, the only people who will ever notice the slight difference is you, and you will not see it after a couple of days either. Our brain doesn't register slight variations of color unless it is focused to see them.

jarhome

Reaction score
Thanks for the thoughts on this. jadnashua, i'm not wedded to the toilet just haven't found anything else with a similar rectangular feel that goes with the sink. If you have some recommendations on toilets similar in shape that would be great. And thanks for the thoughts re: the design and function -- can't say I've heard anything one way or the other about Mirabelle toilets.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Kohler white IS quite different from basic "white 101" from almost any other manufacturer. Some DO have a color like K-white. Check with mirabelle, because I do not know about them.

jarhome

Reaction score
The Toto Promenade is a good match. Amy opinions on quality of that toilet? Toto has great rep but don't know this one. Thx.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any of those Totos work well. The guts on most are pretty much the same, but the 'outside' changes to provide the style. Toto has a couple that are squared off...one is skirted, i.e., the trapway is hidden, and the other it isn't. The skirted one has fewer places for dust and crud to buildup on the outside, but that isn't that big a problem with any toilet - again, it's a style thing. The skirted ones are more flexible and a little more involved for installation since you first attach an adapter to the floor, then the toilet gets attached to the adapter. Since they have three different adapters, the same toilet can sit on either a 10, 12 (it comes with this one), or 14" rough-in, making it quite flexible. Sanaglos is a nanoparticle, super smooth glaze that is often standard, or optional on the toilets. This helps keep the insides cleaner since it is so smooth, very little sticks to it. Also, the II designation, where available, has what they call double cyclone bowl rinse, that is probably the best in the industry. Mine are older, and for me, work fine, but this is neat (videos on YouTube). Almost nobody sells the things at suggested retail, so don't let that stop you...at least check them out.

jarhome

Reaction score
Thanks all, this is very helpful. I'm leaning towards the Toto Promenade now -- I understand from this site that the "cotton white" is a close match to the Kholer white so I'll plan on that (and check with the bathroom showroom near by to see if they have both on the floor).

Jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks