Mini split recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Dorlando13

Reaction score
Hello,

I need to purchase a 1k or so mini split, maybe 9000 btu. I understand the market has been bombarded with a lot of cheap knockoffs from overseas. My wife just lost her job due to Covid 19 so my budget is limited. I don't have the dollars for a Mitsubishi or Fujitsu but I also don't want something that will break in two months. My installer has access to brands like Midea, Gree, Pioneer and I think Daikin. I think they are not top tier brands. I have read that Pioneer may be made by Gree but I am not sure.

Anyways, any recommendations on a system where I can balance budget with quality? This system will probably only run 6 hours a day as it is for a bonus room.

Thanks

Martin Boring

In the Trades
Reaction score
My wholesaler sells Daikin. I have installed a few and so far no issues with them. I have worked on a few of the cheap knockoffs and they are junk. Had a friend that bought a in process flip house for his son and it had some cheap knockoffs setting there that hadn't been installed he sold them and we actually put a furnace AC and duct work in the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks