Milwaukee PEX Expansion Tool not Rotating Correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aberrant

Reaction score
I'm having issues using the M12 Milwaukee Pex Expander. When expanding 1" AquaPEX the tool seems unable to turn after the cone retracts. It's almost as if the 1" is too much for it. I've applied grease to the cone very lightly, also regreased multiple times. I'm using a freshly charged battery 100%. The cone turns fine when no load is placed on it. This problem also only occurs with 1" PEX, 1/2" and 3/4" rotate correctly.

I also see grooves that look like the left side (marked as incorrect) of this picture even on 1/2" PEX after expanding:

expansion_grooves.JPG

Am I screwed? I've already made a bunch of connections at this point and now I'm worried they're all screwed up. If I can see the tool rotating how could it be making incorrect grooves?

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
I've never seen a pattern like the right side shows as correct. The important thing is that the marks don't align in a column as shown on the left. The marks on the left look OK, but as long as they are staggered. If you can see the head rotating between expansions, your connections will be fine.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks