Metric Supply Lines? I nicked the pre-installed lines and need to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

mechanicfarms

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a Jacuzzi branded faucet that I'm installing and I nicked the pre installed supply line with a blade. I need to fix it before I install it, but I'm unfamiliar with this type of fitting. The manufacturer lists a part number as RP70661 for the supply line, but they haven't answered the phone.

I think the fitting might be an M10? How do these fittings work and where would I source a 40 inch long hose?

Lastly, would you consider cutting the hose and putting a barbed fitting in there as a repair?...

Attachments

• faucet.jpg
    faucet.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 164

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Those supply lines have a rubber O-Ring and they thread in.
I don't believe a barbed fitting will work there. If you need more length, you can add a supply line to that.

mechanicfarms

Reaction score
Those supply lines have a rubber O-Ring and they thread in.
I don't believe a barbed fitting will work there. If you need more length, you can add a supply line to that.
Thanks Terry, thats what I thought. However, as you can barely see in the photo there are no flats on the hose fitting and only the crimped portion is exposed from the casting. I tried backing it out with some channel locks on the crimping but it just seems to spin.

I was hoping there was a secret.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks