Meter install inspection

Users who are viewing this thread

Joshua5438

Reaction score
My building permit expires in December and I would like to go ahead and get the meter installed. Just had a metal garage built. I have the meter can and main panel installed, back to back on an exterior wall. I am running 3/0 cu wire for 200amp service. #4 cu ground with 2 8ft ground rods. All that said, can I install one 20A gfci outlet to pass the meter install inspection. Not planning to fully wire the garage until next year. Just need the meter installed and one outlet for now.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think the answer to that is going to vary widely by local jurisdiction. So unless someone here is familiar with SC practices (which may still vary across the state, I don't know), your best bet is just to ask your building department what they require. It's also possible that your utility has its own requirements beyond the building department inspection, not sure how common that is.

Cheers, Wayne

Joshua5438

Reaction score
Spoke with my local building department today. I only need one completed circuit installed to get the meter released, after inspection.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks