Metal support bracket used for PEX A

Users who are viewing this thread

Dielectricunion

Reaction score
I recently saw a rough-in and noticed some of the stub outs on the water heater were supported by expanding the pex after it was pushed through a metal bracket. It felt solid and it was a support method I'd never thought of. With the tight fit and differing expansion rates, I was wondering if this would be regarded bad practice, or is it a common acceptable way?

Attachments

• 20230329_151123.jpg
    20230329_151123.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 70

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
probebly wont hurt anything, but its improper use . there are better ways

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is Absolutely Wrong! Right idea but wrong implementation. The problem with using a copper holdrite bracket meant for copper pipe, is that it will cut through the PEXover time. The surfaces are too rough.

While PEX and Copper are the same size on the exterior normally.. the expanded portion shown next to the elbow is larger.. so its likely wedged into the bracket already.

This is the style that we use on our projects. They work for all CTS / copper tube sized pipe.

1680542559802.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks