Metal Roof PVC standpipe is loose

Users who are viewing this thread

Cy

Reaction score
Terry,
The vent pipe was leaning over after the snow on the roof began melting and sliding off the roof. Standpipe vents from the large sewer line behind washer/dryer in basement near the outsde wall. Upon inspection on the roof, the pvc pipe can be swirled around like a joystick. Tried to reinsert it blindly into the standpipe without any luck. It's a sloped metal roof and without any fall protection harness, I didn't feel the risk was worth it to go beyond inspection. Apparently, the standpipe did not have pvc cement at a joint.
Question: Do I hire only a plumber or can a metal roofer correct the problem.
Cy

Cy

Reaction score
cacher_chick,
No attic. two story log-sided home on the side of a mountain with a slope of 30-45 degrees. The standpipe apparently goes up through the outside wall and then across through the joists then up through sheathing under the metal roofing. Guess i'd better go with the first recommendation for a roofer with the necessary skill set.
Cy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks