megaflo mystery!

Users who are viewing this thread

neil elliott

Reaction score
megaflo mystery

My elderly mother had a megaflo system (mains pressure hot water system) installed about 18 months ago, but it never seems to have functioned properly. There are two problems, firstly it doesn't provide very much hot water. It is on timer for 7 hours every night, but a four minute shower and running the hot tap for a couple of minutes is enough to run out of hot water. This seems ludicrous given the large size of the tank!!!??

Secondly, if the hot water runs out my mother often puts the immersion heater on by flicking a switch. However, if this is done when the timer is 'on', a fuse trips out. Then the fuse has to be reset and also the timer, which is beyond her ability. The immersion works just fine providing the timer is not on at the same time.

An engineer was called a couple of months after installation, but could find no problem causing a lack of hot water, and suggested re-wiring might be needed to overcome the 'blowing fuse' problem. A plumber from another company came recently, but seemed to know even less about the system than me! He couldn't find any fault.

The guarantee has now expired, and the company don't really want to know. Anyone any ideas on what the likely fault(s) might be before I call another plumber/engineer??

Yours gratefully

Neil

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks