Measurements of the Schluter Systems Kerdi-Shower-ST Series 32"x60" 48"x48" & 72"x72"

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
FWIW, John Whipple may think he quit, and maybe he did in his mind, but not after warning that his behavior was not in alignment with the rules of the board - basically, disagreements are allowed, but insults are not, but he is and has been unable to log on and participate because they banned him from ever participating again.
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Found this drawing for any plumber wondering how high to set a regular Kerdi drain prior to installing the shower pan....

The drain comes with spacers to hold the drain at the proper height...no drawing required, just read the instructions and use the spacers if you cannot install the drain after the pan is installed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Over this past week I hope some of you have seen how selective people are in the advice they give out in regards to Schluter's shower systems. It seems the Pro's at John Bridge recommend tearing out a Kerdi Shower Pan if it is not set perfectly well. Not sure I would follow this advice and would take steps to fix the grade personally.

This discussion took place on John Bridge's tile forum. I was horrified no one warned the poster about the pre-slope mess up. I emailed both Dana (a manager at John Bridge Tile Forum) and Jim our expert here on everything Kerdi and neither men took it upon themselves to help out.

Two days later - after I'm sure the original poster had tiled his shower some random expert on John Bridge's forum recommends a tear out and then the advice second'd by CX (owner of John bridge forum I think).

What a costly mistake and what a huge time sag of information.

Before installing any Kerdi shower pan the subfloor needs to be PERFECTLY LEVEL.

Before following garbage advice online ask yourself who is the person giving it.

These are the reason why I quit the John Bridge Forum. It is for this type of reason I find Jim's post scary here. But - everyone gets an opinion so readers beware....
FWIW, John WHipple may think he quit, and maybe he did in his mind, but not after warning that his behavior was not in alignment with the rules of the board - basically, disagreements are allowed, but insults are not, but he is and has been unable to log on and participate because they banned him from ever participating again.

FWIW, no manufacturer recommends using thinset to level a substrate. If someone choses to use a foam tray, either because of the speed, or accuracy of the slope, they need to follow the instructions on its use, and the person involved did not. John indicated he e-mailed me; since all I ever get from John is insults, I chose not to read his mail. I also do not read every message on both boards, and even on those I do, do not respond to each message.

Justadrip

Reaction score
John Whipple did quit the johnbridge.com forum....right after he was told he was banned. Same with Contractor Talk. (he still has a warm spot in the hearts of the guys at Moderns Forum):eek:
He has a nice home here because nobody knows any different.Its a PLUMBING FORUM! Kinda like hes the fastest runner with one leg here. Its only a matter of time before he wears out his welcome. Its his MO. Coincidence nobody wants him around?

Disagree with John Whipple and you get insulted and called names. Disagree with proof and facts and you get emails with more insults and name calling.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Reaction score
So it appears Jim does not want to share the slope and measurement info either.

Why does Jim not tell us what the measurement info is on these shower pans? I wonder if some of the pans are not built to proper code? Could it be the slope is less than 1% or is it that the slope is more than 4%.

So odd that on a discussion about slope and grade measurements the members of John Bridge's forum fell the need to insult me. Odd. Odd. Odd.
You talk as if I have intimate inside knowledge of all things Schluter...boy, you're way out in left field there.

But, just like when you build any shower with an offset drain, the slope on the shorter side is steeper than it is on the longer side (to the corner) if you want the pan outside edge level all around (the normal situation). *.DWG viewers and file converters are readily available. AutoCAD uses that as its default file type...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks