McDonnel 67 etc

Users who are viewing this thread

FMcCracken

Reaction score
I have a year old Burnham MegaSteam boiler MST629. Full disclosure - it was installed on the cheap.

Part 1:
Old unit, a Peerless, had a McDonnel Series 67 Low Water cut-off which I used to flush for 3 secs, until it ran clear, once/ week.

The new Burnham uses a CycleGard Low water cut-off, #CG450, but doesn't have a way to flush the sediment from the system. Do I need to flush the sediment out of the system and what's the best way, component and method, to do this?

Part 2:
The CycleGard has a sticker saying a Hydrolevel VXT water feeder with built in feed counter is recommended. A McDonnel Uni-Match was installed but is not working and I have to fill the system once/ week in the winter.

Do they do the same job? If the Uni-Match is faulty, should I replace it with a Hydrolevel VXT?

Frankie

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks