Maxx Olympia round shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many of this type of shower pan are flimsy until they are properly bedded in a solid material. They tend to not be all that strong and flex. If you install them over something like a wet mortar bed (actually piles of the stuff so there's room to smush it down and level it), it can feel as solid as anything out there. This also helps a lot with preventing stress cracking, which is often the downfall of these that are not installed that way. Some of them call this step optional, but to me, it's mandatory.

I have no personal experience with that particular one, but my remarks are on that type of unit.

wayne smith

Reaction score
Many of this type of shower pan are flimsy until they are properly bedded in a solid material. They tend to not be all that strong and flex. If you install them over something like a wet mortar bed (actually piles of the stuff so there's room to smush it down and level it), it can feel as solid as anything out there. This also helps a lot with preventing stress cracking, which is often the downfall of these that are not installed that way. Some of them call this step optional, but to me, it's mandatory.

I have no personal experience with that particular one, but my remarks are on that type of unit.
The guy at the store also mentioned he fortify the underside to prevent the movement....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks