max length of faucet connector

Users who are viewing this thread

farrington

Reaction score
I'm planning a minor kitchen remodel and moving the sink is part of the plan. The house is on a slab so all the plumbing on the main floor is in concrete except the drain pipe which runs throught the wall. Cutting into the wall to relocate the sink drain is no prob but sweating new supply lines to the old ones and snaking them along the back of the cabinets will be a hassle. I could easily just use 48" braided connectors to supply the sink in it's new location. I want to be sure this isn't considered "hack" plumbing work before I present the plan to the inspector. thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You decide what is a "hack" job. I believe you are allowed to do this as long as that flex line remains accessible, i.e. not hidden inside a wall.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

It will look like a "hack" job, but you will probably be the only one who sees it. More important, however, is the drain line. There may be more to moving it than just drilling some holes and inserting a piece of pipe.

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
Most dishwashers in my area are connected in the same "hack" way with 60" flex lines...no worries mate! ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks