Matching Whites

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto has a chart on their website that compares their colors to some of the major fixture manufacturers. Did you check there?

Unless built in the same factory, color matching is a crap shoot...they just aren't the same. Close, but not exact. So, don't be bummed out if they aren't exact. If that is not an option, buy them all from the same manufacturer - then, and only then, will you have a leg to stand on if they don't match.

Alvarto

Reaction score
Duravit vs Toto white

Perfectionist:

Just curious how you are concluding that Toto's cotton white might be close to Duravit's white? I searched the internet high and low with no info to be found. Toto doesn't know, Duravit doesn't know, and I emailed online retailers that carry both brands, and they either don't answer or refer me to the manufacturer. I'm not doubting you... just trying to get to the bottom of this :)

Thanks,
Tony

cotboll.jpg

Cotton White

Last edited by a moderator:

Perfectionist

Reaction score
Alvarto,

I indeed haven't found this information anywhere neither... Thankfully, I wrote "might" in my post title! ;) But I should have written "deducted" instead of "learned". Sorry, English is not my first language... :eek:

- Colonial White is said to be "warmer" than Cotton White
- I've seen Colonial White and it's not blueish at all. I haven't seen Cotton White yet.
- Colonial White is said to fit nicely with American Standard White. I suppose it's true, since it's slightly warmer (hint of beige, I'd say) than acrylic. I saw this in natural light.
- I *think* that Duravit's white is "colder" than American Standard's white

So I suspect that with Duravit's white, an ok pick *might* be Cotton White

But then again... one has to see it. It depends of the lighting, of the surface plan, etc., as other -- and senior -- members have posted here.

That's why I asked Toto some samples. Once I will have received them, I promise, as per a previous post, that I'll put them aside some other companies' whites and report in this thread.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

JohnD

Reaction score
Usually there is enough seperation between tub, toilet, and sink that your whites differences won't be noticable. Due to lighting, shadows, and other colors in the room, even if they were identical they may not look exactly the same once they are in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks