Masterbath drain HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

Mattylight

Reaction score
Hello all, looking for your insight and wisdom. Below is a pic from basement looking at master bath(1st floor) plumbing. I need to address two issues and not sure if one will take care of the other.
1st is to tie the tub into this stack. It will be located about two feet away(left)and the p trap will be directly below the drain. As it sits now it might be impossible to connect on the same plane as the open piece now so this might be a separate issue.
2nd- as of today if I pour water down the shower drain it comes out of the unconnected section labeled "tub 2' away". will this work itself out once everything is tied together?

Let me know if you need additional info as I am new to this. Oh and some of this is new vs. original work(2000)

Attachments

• materbath plumbing.jpg
    materbath plumbing.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2784.JPG
    IMG_2784.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 231

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You have a lot going on there, starting with whether your tub drain can be properly pitched to the existing connection, and the vent connection that we cannot fully see in the photo. It may be easier to cut out what you have and start over with the bottom wye lower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks