Master Bathroom Remodel Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

jboyles

Reaction score
Hi All,

I tore out my previous shower stall/garden tub combo to build out a large single shower (~40"x 60"). The demo is pretty much completed, except for a couple spots of drywall. I have moved the existing 2" shower drain about 6-8" to accommodate a linear drain from USG/Infinity Drain. I built out the new p-trap and tested it for leaks, and it is looking good.

Now, I'm on to redoing the plumbing for the shower valve and the shower head/new shower handle. I purchased the Grohe Rapido Smart Box rough-in valve and the necessary components to install it. I am installing the new water lines using PEX as I don't have any interest in learning how to do copper at this point.

My question for now:
The Grohe instructions are pretty basic. I have the gist of the overall installation and feel confident about that. The only area I am uncertain of is the pressure table in the instructions for my particular configuration. I know I will cap the two outlets and pressurize the system with water when I am ready. But, how do I measure the water pressure in this new set up? Is it necessary to do a measurement?

I've attached pictures of the installation page for my configuration as well as a picture of my planned plumbing layout and a picture of the finished p-trap for any comments.

Thanks!
Jon

Attachments

• IMG_9536.JPG
    IMG_9536.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • IMG_0933.JPG
    IMG_0933.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 525

jboyles

Reaction score
Well, I finished the rough plumbing. Capped off the two shower lines and opened the valve. So far, no leaks! I guess I’ll leave it under pressure for 12-24 hours or so.

Anyone have any recommendations for me or glaring errors that I’m overlooking?

Thanks!
Jon

Attachments

• 6B436C69-164D-433D-9D1D-55114C47815E.jpeg
    6B436C69-164D-433D-9D1D-55114C47815E.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_2436.jpeg
    IMG_2436.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,476
  • IMG_2886.jpeg
    IMG_2886.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks