Master bath remodel help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rorgan

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm doing a master bath remodel and I need to relocate the tub drain to accommodate a freestanding tub. The original tub was a garden tub and the drain was next to the wall. The freestanding tub drain is offset from the original drain by 30 in. On either end of the run I use a 90-degree fitting (not a sweep). The elevation will not accommodate to 90° sweep fittings unfortunately. I've read through a lot of forum post and the best I can gather that this is an acceptable solution with the caveat that the horizontal portion of pipe prior to the P-trap may create odors due to the fact that hair and skin cells can decompose in this area.

The other issue I have is with the existing shower. The dimensions will remain roughly the same but the shower drain was originally not centered and I want to use a prefabricated Schluter Kerdi pan. I can center the drain by using two 90-degree elbows back to back to create the correct offset. Is this solution acceptable? Will it create a maintenance issue by making it hard to snake my Plumbing?

Please advise! I appreciate any tips or suggestions you might have.

20200722_104251.jpg
20200722_104251.jpg
20200722_104303.jpg
20200722_104323.jpg
Really hating the wife for wanting to go with the free standing tub. I'm using a Kohler floor mounted tub filler and it looks like I'm going to have to do some crazy custom install to get it to work on a slab. Any suggestions?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks