Manufactured Home Tub Pond

Users who are viewing this thread

Suicidal Buffalo

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have a rather decent manufactured home but lately I've been getting little riverlets of water that come from beneath the wall that adjoins to the bathtub. At first I thought shower curtains were not getting closed but it seems to be at it's worst when someone takes an actual standing water bath, as opposed to a shower. I'm led to believe there might be a leak in the drain but I'm unsure of how to come after it. I doubt it's the immediate drain itself and more likely one down below. Is there a way (I've heard) that you pull the piping up to administer repairs (which sounds odd to me)? I don't think getting beneath the house would help any as the leak is within the upper floor area. Suggestions?

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
My guess is that the bottom of the tub is not sitting on a bed of mortar and is flexing just enough to disturb the seal at the drain basket. You might try tightening the drain basket just a little and applying a thin bead of clear silicone sealer around its perimeter, but you are likely going to end up with a cracked bottom in that tub (if you do not already have one) -- something much worse than a leaking drain basket -- unless you do whatever it takes to support its bottom.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
pp19010.gif

It could be the lower drain, or the upper overflow.
Sometimes the upper overflow leaks when baths are taken. It may be just repositioning the rubber seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks