Mansfield Toilet Flush Valve Seal Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lemongrl013

Reaction score
So I have a Mansfield toilet that is about 5yr old. The flush handle was getting VERY hard to push so i googled and found i need to replace the flush valve seal. Went to Lowe’s and got the seal, replaced it, but now I get the phantom flushing where every 30min or so the toilet will run for a few seconds.. is my seal bad? Should I get a second? I followed a YouTube video on how to replace it and I made sure I have the deal in the required crevice. Anyone have any thoughts?!

Reach4

Reaction score
So I have a Mansfield toilet that is about 5yr old. The flush handle was getting VERY hard to push so i googled and found i need to replace the flush valve seal. Went to Lowe’s and got the seal, replaced it, but now I get the phantom flushing where every 30min or so the toilet will run for a few seconds.. is my seal bad? Should I get a second? I followed a YouTube video on how to replace it and I made sure I have the deal in the required crevice. Anyone have any thoughts?!
Make sure there is a bit of slack in the chain that lifts the flapper. If you have that, probably your flapper needs replacing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks