Mansfield Sillcock Pipe repair

Users who are viewing this thread

JPM99

Reaction score
Hi- I left my hose connected outside and we had a spring freeze and it split the pipe stem attached to the spigot. It looks like it should be a relatively easy repair as it looks to be threaded into the main pipe, but I've tried turning it off and it's not really budging. Should it just screw off? I'm a little afraid to go to hard at it as not to cause other issues. Attached is a pic. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_0022.jpeg IMG_0020.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
I think it is soldered, so don't try to twist it off.

If that is 1/2 inch copper pipe, consider https://www.sharkbite.com/products/frost-free-sillcock

You would need to cut and dress the copper pipe where it is clear of the solder. I like the Ridgid 101 "tubing cutter" for copper.

Getting the cut length just right would be important.

If you can solder pipe, that is another good solution if you can get all of the water out of the pipe. The sillcock should tilt slightly down toward the outside to allow draining when the hose is off.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks