Mansfield 160 w/New flush valve and gasket is still leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

dknight

Reaction score
I have 3 mansfield 160 toilets; 2 of them were becoming hard to flush so I changed out the flush valves and then the gaskets but they are both still leaking and I can't figure out why. I took the parts off and compared them with the one mansfield toilet with the original parts to make sure they were correct and they are. I made sure the gasket was sitting where it is supposed to be and it appears to be correct. The only way I can get them to stop leaking is to push down on the flush valve with my had but it only stays that way for a few seconds and you can visibly see the flush valve pop back up. I'm not sure what to check next. I am having to shut the water off between each use. Any advise. The toilets are only 3 years old.

Micp879

Reaction score
Dknight, how long ago did you change the gaskets? If it was just recently, I have found that the new gaskets may take a little bit of time to form a water tight seal. A few years back, I had a mansfield toilet very similar to the 160, and I had to flush it multiple times before it finally managed to create a tight seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks