Manabloc pressure loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Dannyplumber210

In the Trades
Reaction score
having a issue with a home here in San Antonio. Homeowner turns on garden tub and kitchen sink faucet loses fair amount of pressure. I initially jumped to the PRV due to symptoms. I already bypassed water softener before changing PRV. Changed PRV, set psi to 75. Still losing volume once tub is turned on. Check aerator and angle stops. 2 handle wide spread moen faucet. 1" per line into home, then 1" to softener, 1" to manabloc system. 1/2" to all fixtures. Has great pressure when ran on its own, drops very little when shower or lavatory is ran. Only when grades tub is ran is when kitchen drops a lot. Any suggestions?

Reach4

Reaction score
Measure the pressure before the block while you experience the problem condition. Maybe put a pressure gauge on the WH drain.

Do your symptoms occur for both hot and cold?

Is there maybe a whole-house cartridge filter?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks