Malfunctioning York Gas Furnace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This is the best I can do.

Yes replace that limit control you took a close up of in the 2nd picture.

All you have to do is basically wire the new one the exact same as that old one.

On your old limit you'll notice that on the right side of it (when looking at it in the orientation it's in now) you'll see a brass jumper. It will either be intact or broken. Make sure you the new limit matches this. IE if it's broken break the one on your new one, and if it's not broken leave your new one alone.

This jumper is used to determine if you have 120v or 24v controlling the circuit.

Walds11

Reaction score
I must be blind, but where is the limit control? :confused: I don't see a brass jumper. My HVAC guy is coming over on Wednesday to install a hot water heater. I'll run it by him.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It's that thing with the circular disc and three black wires running into it and the cover off

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
My HVAC systems are about 18-19 years old. Maybe no need to rush to replace the new systems even if I have to spend small amounts of money for mainatence and repair each year?
I have a spreadsheet on my other computer that tells when to replace equipment. It's one of many equipment replacement strategies but this one does not take The Cost of Money into account.

Now that I know how to post a "print screen" I'll try to find the thing and post it.
With this and the expected lifetimes of equip. I think you can make a pretty rational and informed decision about replacements.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Picture2-2.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks