Main water line run

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Alan

Reaction score
Huntsville, AL
I purchased a property that has county water at the road. I had a 1 inch meter installed to supply water to a future house, which will be located about 1400 feet from the meter. I do not know the PSI or flow rate out of the meter, so I cannot do the calc to see if I need a booster pump, but I am planning to install a CSV setup like on my current house if needed. I am really trying to figure out what would be the best pipe to use on that distance, along with pipe size. I have been looking at black poly, and PVC in the 1 1/4 to 2 inch ID range. Is there any other pipe choices that I should look at for that length run? The poly would allow for fewer joints, but I was not sure about it since I have never used it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pure core is the water piping we use. If possible I would try to get a giant roll rather then putting joints in it. Not sure if you could visit a local plumbing supplier and ask them what size rolls they can get for you.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks