Main stack and bathroom advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrosenb

Reaction score
I change out a section of rusted pipe. I’m here looking to make sure I’m doing ok with this. I have a 4” main stack. Stack is secured above with a clamp. I used an upside down san tee for the sink vent at 42” sloped back to the sink at 1/4” per foot. Sink drain with a 45 degree to wye. The toilet drain is a 4” flange to 4x3 closet bend connected to the stack with a San tee. Since it’s a small bathroom, can I use an 11” rough in for the toilet if I do a proper measurement and make sure it’ll fit?
Any feedback is appreciated.

A68697C0-A0FA-4A77-9863-97D285579655.jpeg
B74DB152-855F-43BF-AF80-D945F7F9466B.jpeg
36C94FE5-A314-4CBA-95DF-F5652021EF1F.jpeg

Mrosenb

Reaction score
It’s just a dry fit now. I wanted confirmation that it looks good before I glue anything. And what about the toilet? Is it ok to use less than 12” rough in to save an inch of space?

Mrosenb

Reaction score
Is it possible to put in a Geberit or concealed tank to save space? I can see the outflow going down to the drain but I wouldn’t know what to do with the vent. That vent would be in the way.

Mrosenb

Reaction score
I glued the trap adapter directly to the san tee. Did I mess up? Should I cut out the san tee and try again? Or am I ok with the slip joint being just slightly recessed in the wall?

Reach4

Reaction score
I glued the trap adapter directly to the san tee. Did I mess up? Should I cut out the san tee and try again? Or am I ok with the slip joint being just slightly recessed in the wall?
Should be fine, as long as you can tighten or loosen the nut. How recessed are you talking?

If you find the gap around the nut objectionable, you will be able to find an escutcheon to cover the gap. I am not a pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks