Main line extension, need advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert G

Reaction score
Need to extend mainline about 400', or maybe a new line that will run about 550-600'. Here are the details: 5/8" meter at street, 3/4" sch 40 is currently hooked up just after meter and runs 200' towards back of property to feed numerous irrigation valves. Static psi is 125, and flow is 25-30 gpm.
There seems to be very little pressure or flow loss even though it should have lost about 80 psi according to friction loss chart.
I am wondering if i extend this line another 350' if i will have any pressure left at all at end of run.
My choices are continue with 3/4" pipe, size up the extension to 1" pipe to minimize friction loss, or start over near the meter with 1" pipe for the whole run, which would be a bummer to do. Also there is about 15' rise to the back of property.
Any helpful advice would be much appreciated.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
A 1" pipe won't give you what you want. Refer to the chart for the correct size.

A copper pipe would be a better choice. It's more expensive for a reason.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks