main drain line sizing?

Users who are viewing this thread

mporterf

Reaction score
I live in georgia and I am trying to plumb my own house, what is the min. size drain line under the house (crawl space). I know that from the house clean out to the septic tank should be 4", is the entire horizonal drain require to be 3" or 4"?

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Here, we're required to run 4" out under the footing, but other parts of the state have overlooked it and allowed 3" depending on toilets. 2 toilets = 3" required pipe size, and if one toilet is more than 15' horizontally from the others, 3" is allowed. But the pipe through the footing still has to be 4".

Codes vary greatly on this, I'm sure. Personally, I'd want that third toilet to be piped into 4" even if I didn't have to, but I'm old-fashioned. :)

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
What kind of house are we talking about. We could be looking at anywhere from a 3" building drain to 6" plus. Is this a 1 bath rambler or a 12 bath mansion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks