Machine shop for custom replacement fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a shop that can make a custom brass fitting to replace a discontinued part? There used to be several places in NYC, but they seem to have all gone by the wayside. Is this something a CNC prototyping shop could do? If you have any ideas or experience with this, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks!

DIYorBust

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
NY replacement parts, LAS replacement parts, Sexauer parts White plains NY . Solco Plumbing supply

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Thanks Sylvan, are you saying these shops can actually make parts?

They have parts from as early as the 1900's I needed a spindle for a tile stop for 1650 3rd ave cold water flat building was from the late 1800,s and I went to LAS replacement parts and they had the spindle

Worth a shot if you send them a picture it may help

DIYorBust

Reaction score
They have parts from as early as the ¹'s I needed a spindle for a tile stop for 1650 3rd ave cold water flat building was from the late 1800,s and I went to LAS replacement parts and they had the spindle

Worth a shot if you send them a picture it may help

LAS says they can't source this part, but I spoke with DEA bathroom machineries in California, and they are willing to try making the part on a lathe, and they have experience with this and seem like they can probably do it. The problem is I have to pull the existing piece so they can replicate it, and I'm thinking I may just try to repair it with solder because once I take it apart it who knows if it will go back together and seal with the new part. I'll keep searching. If I can find a salvage unit maybe I can use the part or at least have it replicated from that.

If anyone has an old speakman shower valve in their junk pile I'd love to get my hands on it. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks