Macerator Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

wothersr

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a macerator (SANIPLUS from SaniFlow) in our en-suite that is starting to play up, 11 yrs old.

First symptoms started about a month ago where the pump would continually run longer than expected despite it being drained fine.
I opened up the device (fun!) and the noted the blades were pristine so not a debris/blockage with that part.
The microswitch/membrane looked a bit coated(!) so I cleaned that and then sealed up and tried it again.

It seemed to work ok at that point for a month or so but then the other day it didn't drain and backed up the toilet bowl. The thermal cutout timer kicked in and it took a long time to drain with a few on/off switches required.

I've come to the conclusion, given its age, that it might be time to replace it but whilst reading an installation manual I've noticed that the opening on the top right where a venting pipe should go, has been blocked off with a white cap.

So a couple of questions:

1) Is it ever ok not to vent these macerator pumps? Other posts seem to suggest this goes against the plumber codes? This was installed in 2006 by the previous home owner.
2) Can I replace the unit myself or is a registered plumber required? I'm handy with DIY and it seems to be a like for like replacement but not sure about regs etc?
3) If I do need to install a vent pipe can i connect this to a pipe exiting the external wall? The unit is not near to the existing en-suite venting pipes and faces an external wall.

Many Thanks,

Russell

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks