Maax aerofeel waste overflow clash issue

Users who are viewing this thread

J.Heyerman

Reaction score
Posted this on bathtub forum but prob should have posted here:

First time attempting to install a tub. Bought it a few years ago and bath company gave us a Rubinet overflow for use with a Maax aerofeel tub. Overflow does not fit as it interferes with aerofeel air lines (see pic linked below). Air lines are not very flexible and glued, so looping around overflow will not work. Other constraints are drain is in the floor directly under tub drain, and is copper. Copper is right up against joist side so no room for transition to plastic adapters. If the copper flex was a few inches longer I could make a jog I think, but that is wishful thinking. Wondering if I can disassemble overflow and solder in a couple of street elbows to make my own jog. Copper pipe is 1.125 inch OD and brass looks to be about 1 inch OD. Or is there another overflow system out there that might work? Thanks for any advice! Jeff

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Gg3f2YkVmudk0xRG80QlpoSDg/view?usp=drivesdk

J.Heyerman

Reaction score
Anyone? I am thinking two one inch 45 elbows soldered onto a break into the copper could work.

Also why the heck is the overflow hole in the bathtub so big? The rubber washers that came with my kit are only 4mm large in diameter than the hole!

J.Heyerman

Reaction score
Think I found an alternate waste/overflow that will fit from OS&B. It's a pop up type which I like better than the cable drive (worried it would eventually break).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks