Lowering Your Rates

Users who are viewing this thread

Mort

Reaction score
3) When your prices cater to those who are too cheap to understand quality then you are asking for trouble down the road.

There's iron in those words kimosabe. With todays economic conditions a service (and/or goods)provider becomes more of a target. There's quite a few people ready to sue at the drop of a hat. I've lost a couple of pretty long term customers recently that decided short term costs were better for them than long term good. I wished them well.

Mort

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
FWIW,

To maximize your profits you may need to lower or raise your rates. If you have historical data on your business you're in a better position to know which way to go.

If your rates are very low you'll have a lot of business and won't be taken seriously.
If your rates are very high you'll have very little business but you'll make a killing on each job.
Neither of these maximizes profits.

If everyone around you lowers their rates, you must.
If you can all hold the line, then as a group you'll be better off, but then each person needs their own supply of dollars in reserve.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
There is no voodoo here. If your cost of doing business has not gone down, neither can your price unless you like circling the drain.

Cookie

Reaction score
I think this might be a good time for all plumbers who are working for plumbers to ask for raises! Just a hair now. :) Let's spread that wealth.
...and, if they are a really good employee add health bennies, too! Don't be cheap now. :)

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
yeah

I think this might be a good time for all plumbers who are working for plumbers to ask for raises! Just a hair now. :) Let's spread that wealth.
I thought that was what Obama is going to do anyway. As one of my friends told his employees, "If he gets elected, there is no reason for this office to stay open 6 days, because the government will just take the excess in taxes. So I will be open three days, and all of you except one, or two will not have a job. But HE says he will take care of you anyway, so it is not a great loss."

Last edited by a moderator:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
See, greedy companies finding ways to keep from paying the way for the loosers of the world already. Don't they know that it's their duty to support illegal aliens and scumbags.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks