Low water pump pressure jet pump deep well

Users who are viewing this thread

DANNY HARDAWAY

Reaction score
I have a water well that only puts out 20psi. It's a jet pump deep well 35 foot. Pipes in the ground have been pulled and replaced. I can't set pressure switch with the low pressure cut on-cut off, am having to turn on off manually. What can I do ?

DANNY HARDAWAY

Reaction score
We don't use much water and the 20 psi in the house we're ok with but is there a pressure switch for that low of water pressure. The pressure switch is on the pump can I put on the pressure tank water line.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you are saying you only have had 20 psi for a year.
What did the well company think the cause of the problem is?

Is the pump in the house? How about a picture of that pump, the pressure switch, and the input to the pressure tank. Maybe somebody will identify something.

To look for a vacuum leak, you could sop all of the joints on the suction pipe (the bigger pipe) with water from a wet rag or sponge while the pump is running. See if the pressure rises when you get one of the joints good and wet.

Alternatively, run the pump and apply shaving cream to each joint, run the pump, See if the shaving cream shows signs of getting sucked in.

DANNY HARDAWAY

Reaction score
The pump is in well pit. He said that's about all this set up will put out suggested a larger pressure tank 80 gal. It had been switching on off good on 15 psi 20 psi appoximently. Then when points made contact no power went through burn points. I replaced it with a 20-40 and haven't been able to set cut on off setting.

Reach4

Reaction score
Is this a 2-inch well?
Is the pump atop the casing, or beside the casing?

The low-pressure problem is not the pressure tank.

DANNY HARDAWAY

Reaction score
Yes 2 inch along side

Attachments

• 0819192041.jpg
    0819192041.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 124

Reach4

Reaction score
does the pump pressure and tank pressure equalize
Yes. As long as the water pressure is more than the air precharge, but not more than maybe 24 psi more than the air precharge, the two pressures would pretty much equalized.

There would be a small differential based on the altitude of the diaphragm vs the altitude of the water pressure gauge, and the diaphragm might have a little compression effect (ideally it will act limp). Those factors are generally small.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the well only makes 1 GPM, you need to put that in a storage tank and use a booster pump to supply water to the house. 1 GPM is 1440 gallons per day, which can supply 4-5 houses if you have a storage tank.

LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks