Low water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

PanteraMatt

Reaction score
I had bad water pressure in my home. I took apart our flo-jet shallow well pump and it was pretty clean. FLushed our boiler heater and water pressure was great for a month. Now its back to being terrible. What should I look for? Its bad cold and hot and every faucet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Your pump may be bringing in lots of sand or particles that are clogging up the aerators and nozzles of the faucets and shower heads. If that's the case, you may need a particulate filter, but you want one sized large enough so you don't have to replace it all that often, as they can get expensive.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Filters will keep the crud out of the house. But you should try to pump the well hard for several hours and see if you can clean it up. Even with clean filters your pressure is limited by the pressure switch and the pump. If the pressure switch is set for 30/50, you are getting an average of 40 PSI. It is your water system, you can have as much pressure as you want. With a pump than can do a max of 70 PSI, you can use a 40/60 pressure switch with a Cycle Stop Valve to hold the pressure strong and constant at 50 PSI. With that kind of pressure you will no longer even need soap in the shower. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks