Low water pressure from buildup? Shallow well

Users who are viewing this thread

bsimms

Reaction score
Trying to troubleshoot my houses shallow well. It's in my basement and 16ft deep. Replaced check valve that was leaking, but still have low pressure. This is what the piping looks like going into the ground. Best method for removing this build up? Thinking it's also blocking the point

Attachments

• IMG_2497.jpg
    IMG_2497.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 140

Reach4

Reaction score
Trying to troubleshoot my houses shallow well. It's in my basement and 16ft deep. Replaced check valve that was leaking, but still have low pressure.
When you say low pressure, do you mean that the pump cannot pump up to more than 30 psi, even when you are not using water, or do you mean that the pump cannot keep up when you are using water?

bsimms

Reaction score
I'll get one taken tonight. Pump seemed to have lost prime overnight as I lost almost all pressure in the shower this morning. Went down and the pump was running constant at about 10psi. I opened the hose valve between the pump and pressure tank, let it run for a minute or so, then it was able to fill back up and the pump shut off.

bsimms

Reaction score
Post a picture of your system.

Woke up this morning to the pump running hot again, has to be pulling air somewhere. Ran water for about 10 minutes, sputterted a bunch of air out and then it was back to normal. (Pressure tank the pump is sitting on is not in use)

Attachments

• IMG_2507.jpg
    IMG_2507.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 121

Reach4

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to the pump running hot again, has to be pulling air somewhere. Ran water for about 10 minutes, sputterted a bunch of air out and then it was back to normal. (Pressure tank the pump is sitting on is not in use)
What was the pressure on your gauge at that time?

Anyway, I would slather the accessible joints in the suction line with shaving cream foam. Does the shaving cream suck in anywhere when the pump runs?

I count 11 accessible joints on the suction side of the pump. I count 3 for the union. Maybe I missed counting a plug in a casting.

In your photo, the pressure gauge seems to show a respectable pressure. Is that a recent photo?

Last edited:

bsimms

Reaction score
What was the pressure on your gauge at that time?

Anyway, I would slather the accessible joints in the suction line with shaving cream foam. Does the shaving cream suck in anywhere when the pump runs?

I count 11 accessible joints on the suction side of the pump. I count 3 for the union. Maybe I missed counting a plug in a casting.

In your photo, the pressure gauge seems to show a respectable pressure. Is that a recent photo?

Yes that was as of this morning after running water for a while to bleed out air in the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks