Low water pressure after replacing pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Kennedywags

Reaction score
We had no water coming into the house. After 5 days of my husbands friend working on it we have water, but low water pressure. There is not enough pressure to fill the toilet tank or to run the washing machine. We replaced the water tank & the well pump. My husband says there is no filter on the system. Anything else we can do? Or is it time to call a professional?

Reach4

Reaction score
When the water pressure is too low, is the pump running? If it is a jet pump (above ground), the jet may be clogged. Otherwise If so, you probably have the wrong pump.

If the pump is not running, then you have some other problem.

Kennedywags

Reaction score
When the water pressure is too low, is the pump running? If it is a jet pump (above ground), the jet may be clogged. Otherwise If so, you probably have the wrong pump.

If the pump is not running, then you have some other problem.

The pump does run when the pressure is low. We bought the same pump that came out of the well.

Reach4

Reaction score
The pump does run when the pressure is low. We bought the same pump that came out of the well.
So you have a submersible pump.
1. What is the make and model?
2. How deep is the top of your water in the well?

I should add that the pressure tank is reading 50 psi
Air precharge is measured when the water pressure is near zero. Are you referring to air pressure or are you referring to the water pressure on the water pressure gauge? I think air. 50 PSI is much higher than the usual air precharge. Normal for a submersible pump is to have the air precharge 2 psi less than the cut-in pressure for the pressure switch.

3. What water pressure do you get on the gauge at the tank?
4. How long does it take to get close to that presure?

You could have a water leak, maybe inside the well.

5. When you use no water and shut off power to the pump, what happens to the water pressure?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks