Low water pressure after pump change

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulont

Reaction score
hello, opening up the camp this spring, and my old pump has finally bit the dust. it was a mastercraft 3/4 horsepower, and i replaces it with a red lion 3/4 horsepower. i noticed low water pressure in my shower, i have a shower head and 6 body jets, which used to run great with the old pump, now i cant turn more than 1 head on without have no pressure. I upped the pressure to 40-60 from 30-50, and added air to the tank to make it 38 from 28. now it is great for about 5 seconds when turned on and then back to the same thing? could it be bad pressure tank? Any Ideas on causes?

Paulont

Reaction score
ill check the pressure gauge tonight when i get home, there is an inline sediment filter which has a brand new cartridge in it. nothing else has been changed besides the pump.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
...there is an inline sediment filter which has a brand new cartridge in it. nothing else has been changed besides the pump.
You might have stirred up sediment when changing out the pump and clogged the new filter cartridge. Try removing the cartridge as a test.
You might have also stirred up sediment after the inline filter and that sediment may have clogged aerators.

Paulont

Reaction score
new symptom, i figured a clogged line, since it really only affects the shower, and i noticed that when switched to the cold side it died almost totally, so i replaced the water line to the cold side, now it pulses, and anytime i change temperature the pressure goes down then comes back up, but can still only get enough pressure to run one function(ie shower head or body jets) not the two together?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks