Low water pressure after neighbor remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Judy13

Reaction score
Hello, I need help figuring this out. I live in a 2 story bldg. my downstairs neighbor remodeled her kitchen completely,moved the sink line from one wall to another wall. We have the same floor plan. so now my kitchen sink and the bathroom sink have very little water pressure. I checked the line outside and it's to the max. checked under both sinks and they are open all the way. what else could it be? Thank you for your help in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
Check the aerators on the sink for debris. With the aerators unscrewed, how is the flow? If the bathtub flows well, then the aerator screens seems a likely cause. The plumbing work could have shaken up some debris.

If that does not fix it, get a pressure gauge. You can attach that to a laundry tap, or onto the drain for the water heater. If that shows a lot of drop when you are using a couple of gallons of flow, take that info to the landlord.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just understand that "pressure" and "flow", although related, are different. A pressure gauge is a cheap way to monitor pressure.

Judy13

Reaction score
Ok. so before neighbor did her remodel, the amount of water coming out of both sinks was normal. I could wash dishes the normal way. Now, barely any water comes out, takes forever to fill my water pitcher. Now that I think about it, the toilet in the bathroom & the sink, both are bad. Toilet takes forever to fill up. barely flushes. you have to stand there & wait for it to fill up, so you can flush.

Reach4

Reaction score
Act soon.

If you own the problem, get a plumber to fix it, and expect that whoever did the damage should pay you back for what you pay. Get the plumber to report the cause and how it related to the area where the work had been done.

Consider getting the pressure gauge with a garden hose thread on the way home. Under $20. One that goes 0 to 100 is better than one that goes 0...200, but 0...200 will do the job.

One last thing... you don't have a whole house water filter, do you? If yes, you may just need a new cartridge.

Judy13

Reaction score
no, no whole house filter. the weird thing also is, I have 2 bathrooms, the one with the problem is the one by the kitchen, the master bath is fine. If it doesn't work, I'll tell her she needs to pay for the plumber. Thank you both for your help. ;);)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is there one water shutoff for the whole building, or do you have your own?

Reach4

Reaction score
he weird thing also is, I have 2 bathrooms, the one with the problem is the one by the kitchen, the master bath is fine.
That changes everything. What her contractor did would usually not impact one of your bathrooms and not the other.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks