Low Set Toilet Flange Options

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The gap from the edge of the flange to the tile is a non issue. If the toilet never leaks its just going to collect dust bunnies. The gap has no effect on the wax or plunging or anthing else. The second flange is held stable by the bolts that carry down to the original flange and held in place by the nuts and washers sandwiching a spacer placed between the flanges.

Caulking between could make it nicer but theres still major gap-o-sis in the gaps of the bol

C Heath

Heath
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. As Tuttles mentioned, I believe the new flange and spacers will be securely held in place by the bolts anchored at the level of the original flange and snugged up on top with washers and nuts. As others mentioned, an obstruction should not be an issue for plunging unless it is beyond the new flange seal (red gasket on Sioux Chief). I decided not to fill in the tile/flange gaps and I did test and shim the toilet before seating the wax ring. All went well and it seems solid on the floor. I am going to caulk the perimeter with Polyseamseal.

An aside, any product that someone can recommend with similar uses and characteristics as Polyseamseal?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like polyseamseal or others as jim mentions. They're easy to work with.

White looks good if you have a white toilet with very few grout lines. Clear for any other color and if you have a Lot of grout lines.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks