Low profile toilet. The bowl is only 14" high

Users who are viewing this thread

Mar3232

Reaction score
Just bought a Mansfield quantum rear outlet toilet and it's just 14" high ? Why ?
Who in the world can use a toilet that short? I don't get it. Are they for kids or something?

I see that's there are high seats available that I'll have to get -- medical device types but are their conventional looking toilet seats that are higher also ?

http://www.mansfieldplumbing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/149-122.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Just bought a Mansfield quantum rear outlet toilet and it's just 14" high ? Why ?
I would guess because it matched the plumbing that you had, and it was readily available, and you liked the looks?

http://www.mansfieldplumbing.com/resources/frequently-asked-questions/toilets-faq/ says
Standard toilet height is around 14 1/2” from the floor to the bowl rim, without a toilet seat. In recent years toilet bowl height has increased to assist people with sitting and standing up, for the benefit of taller people, and those with physical handicaps and/or the elderly. The newest and most popular comfort height is typically around 16 1/8” floor to rim. The standard ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) height toilets must have, a 17”-19” floor to bowl rim height, including the seat.
Did you measure carefully? Could it have been 14-7/16 high at the rim?

Mar3232

Reaction score
My 2 toilets are 14 7/8 and 15 7/8 from the floor -- this one is 14. I'll just get one of those medical seats -- would look stupid to raise the floor around the toilet.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The specs and measurements are printed on the new toilet box, you should have thought about them BEFORE buying the toilet.

"You measure twice, and..." you know the end of the saying.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks