Low Pressure Issue - sprinklers/well

Users who are viewing this thread

Randy Utecht

Reaction score
I recently purchased a home with a 20 year old pump (submersible @ 50' - 1/2 hp), pressure tank and sprinkler system. Neighbors on both sides have the same set up (they all installed together) with no issues. When I am not running sprinklers, system seems to run fine. Great pressure in the house, tank fills and pump cuts out at about 45 and kicks on at about 25. However when i start up my sprinkler system, no matter what zone I start on, they start fine with good pressure for about 1 min., then the pressure drops off and I get about 2 ft of spray. Pressure gauge drops to about 17, pump runs continuously and tank does not fill until I shut down sprinkler system. 12 zones, with 4 heads on each zone. Talked to neighbors and previous owner and they all said it ran fine last summer. What could be causing my issue?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Either you have a leak in the line, the sprinkler nozzles are washed out or gone, or the pump is not putting out as much as it should. Do a bucket test to see how much water the pump is putting out at 17 PSI.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks